- I bought a new water bottle and I think I am in love. Expensive? Yes. BUT… when I did the math it makes sense:
- Diet Coke Refill at work = .75 x 3 (refills) x 20 days = $ 45.00
- 1 Diet Coke/Day at work + water = .75 X 20 days + $30 (Kor’s bottle) + 2.50 (water club fee) = $47.50 (1st month) then $17.50 each month after
- That is a total savings of $300 a year. And it’s purrrrttyyy! And- dare I say it- a fashion statement/conversation starter. And one more reason to carry around and drink water.
- I joined meetup.com and found two outdoor activity groups in my town. This is exciting as one of the groups does lots of biking excursions and it will be great a great way to explore new trails. The other has a pretty active walking group that said it would welcome my three-legged mutt on its adventures. If you are looking for people to be active with, try searching meetup.com!
- I’m jealous of all those who went to Blogher. It looks like you all had a blast and I’m hoping I’ll get to go next year.
- I have two weeks of class to go before I graduate. This pleases me greatly. I won’t get much time to rest though. In September I head to The Florida Key’s for my internship at Island Dolphin Care. Yes, it was approved. Yes, I am taking a month of my life and dedicating it to following my passion and living outside the box. On a beach. With children with developmental disabilities. And With DOLPHINS! More details to come….
- I’ve discovered Vitamuffins. I know- I’m a bit behind the times. I’ve always been scared to bulk order the things though and have my freezer half filled with craptastic muffins. Luckily a new store opened in town that sells them individually and I’m hooked. Vitamuffin tops = 1 pt vs Larabar = 4-5 pts. Vitamuffins win for daily consumption. Hands down.
- Remember my Big Fat Boyfriend review post? How I lamented about how my husband, Sarcasman gained 60+ lbs? How I wanted to save him from the pain of being overweight? And finally, after realizing how annoying I was being and how I was replicating behaviors that drove me crazy in my mom, I gave up? Well… something clicked in him. And he’s working out five days a week now. And telling me he doesn’t want to go out to eat and throw off his “good” day. He’s even given up regular soda for diet and counting calories on Sparkpeople.
I am shocked. And happy. And it’s making me feel a tinge like a lazy-a$$. I’m also keeping my distance from it, not offering unsolicited advice as I don’t want to jinx it. I’m amazed he’s stuck with it for as long as he has (about a month), how adamant he is about not eating out, and how he’s actually being really structured and smart about it (look at his workout chart he made that I discovered in his car!). Making me feel like a lazy oaf? A bit. Still, very excited for him and hoping he sticks to it as I can tell he’s a lot happier since he began.
Alright dear reader, I want to know:
- What is the most extravagant health-related purchase you’ve made?
- Did you go to Blogher? Make a blog post about it? Link in the comments!
- Have a Big Fat Boyfriend or husband who suddenly snapped into shape? Were you proud? Jealous? Confused?
Hope the weekend treated everyone well! Can’t wait to hear from ya’ll!